MinervaWorks in the News:
Founded by Rodney Bowers, MinervaWorks is an IT operations consultancy focused on IT operational efficiency and effectiveness. MinervaWorks brings you the track record and skills of a larger IT consulting organization without the overhead that adds time and cost to most IT projects. We engage quickly, assess the issues, present precise, attainable recommendations and guidelines, oversee implementation if necessary and then disengage. Our company optimizes your IT spending by establishing appropriate short, medium and long term goals for your IT organization and the projects or initiatives to achieve them, tempered by project risk. We employ methodologies that create sustainable, lean and efficient IT operations, resulting in better value for your IT spending.
We begin with the three main cost components of an IT organization. Your biggest spend of course is people. We
- analyze your organizational structure for effectiveness, overlap and inefficiencies;
- conduct job description reviews to ensure that the human IT components are properly aligned, properly skilled and properly managed;
- align the organizational structure with IT best practices, including analysis of outsourcing opportunities that deserve further investigation.
The result is a lean, operationally efficient IT group.
After people, most of your budget goes to infrastructure procurement and maintenance. Therefore we assess your
- procurement practices,
- maintenance and support programs,
- operational process and procedures via ITIL Best Practices, aligned with
- operational process improvement programs via Six Sigma, and
- infrastructure, including data center, network and desktop environments.
The result is a rationalized IT investment and associated road map.
With a MinervaWorks engagement, you get an objective, external assessment of your IT operation, appropriate recommendations and implementation oversight from a practical, experienced senior IT executive who’s done it many times before.